Job responsibilities include:
- Delivering training to teacher-trainees using a variety of materials and teaching techniques to enhance student learning, achieve core indicators of performance, and maintain learner interest;
- Assisting teacher-trainees to incorporate specific STARTALK-endorsed Principles for Effective Teaching and Learning and Characteristics of Effective Language Lessons as part of their teaching;
- Assisting teacher-trainees to meet specified learning objectives;
- Assisting teacher-trainees to demonstrate competencies through a variety of means;
- Assisting the project director to create and maintain an atmosphere conducive to learning.
Required Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelors degree in education, or closely related degree from an accredited college or university;
- 1 year of experience providing Chinese language instruction
- Chinese (Mandarin) and English language fluency;
- Demonstrated familiarity with Teacher Effectiveness for Language Learning (TELL) Project domains;
- Demonstrated ability to link culture, language and content;
- Demonstrated knowledge of adult learning;
- Demonstrated ability to combine language, communities, and culture in the Chinese language classroom
- Demonstrated knowledge of best practices in pedagogy.
Desired Experience & Qualifications
- Demonstrated understanding of the needs of diverse students in Pakistan;
- Understanding of Chinese culture(s),
- Understanding of Chinese history in Pakistan;
- Experience working in a team-based instructional setting;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong group facilitator skills.
Please note: Only candidates who are eligible to work in Pakistan for an indefinite period without a need for sponsorship will be considered for this position.
|Job Category||Teaching Department|